Beatings & violence
Related stories and components
“Estados Unidos sancionó a nueve compañías chinas por violaciones a los derechos humanos de los musulmanes uigures en Xinjiang” - 22 de mayo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Author: EDUCA Oaxaca (México)
"Condenamos represión contra comunidad mapuche en la Patagonia", 22 de mayo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
USA: Indigenous women file OECD Specific Instance against Credit Suisse for rights violations regarding pipeline financing; Credit Suisse responds
On January 30, 2020, Divest Invest Protect, Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN) International, and Indigenous Peoples Law and Policy (IPLP) Program at the University of Arizona filed an OECD Guidelines complaint with the US National...
Author: Brasil de Fato
“Agricultores sofrem ameaças e têm produção destruída no Porto de Suape, em Pernambuco. Famílias acusam complexo portuário por violações de direitos e ameaças que não pararam nem durante pandemia de covid-19”, 15 de Maio de 2020 ...
UK: NGOs request Supreme Court to hear case against African Minerals for complicity in human rights abuse at mine in Sierra Leone
Author: RAID & CORE
"Rights Groups Request UK Supreme Court to Hear Case On Corporate Abuses" 18 May 2020...
- Related stories: Tonkolili Iron Ore lawsuit (re complicity in violence against villagers in Sierra Leone) UK court rejects African Minerals’ liability over accusation of complicity in violent repression of protests in Sierra Leone
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Minerals
Uganda: NGO claims Agilis Partners & Great Seasons violently evicted locals to pave the way for agribusiness; Agilis Partners responds
"Uganda: NGO claims Agilis Partners and Great Seasons violently evicting locals to pave way for agribusiness; Agilis Partners denies claims" ...
Bangladesh: Police use teargas & water cannons to disperse garment workers protesting unpaid wages amid COVID-19
Author: Anwar Hussain, Chittagong, Shamima Rita, Narayanganj, Raihanul Islam Akand, Gazipur & Nadim Hossain, Dhaka Tribune
"RMG workers protest for full pay in 4 districts", 14 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
Sri Lanka: Facebook “deplores” misuse of its platform & apologises for contributing to fear & violence in 2018, incl. company comments
Author: Daily Mirror
"FB apologizes for role in Sri Lankan violence", 13 May 2020...
- Related stories: Facebook releases findings of independent human rights impact assessments of the role of its services in Sri Lanka, Indonesia & Cambodia
- Related companies: Facebook