Beatings & violence
Related stories and components
New study examines patterns in the restriction of civil society's scope for action against resource exploitation
Resource and energy demand has increased over the last few decades, with more extraction and land use happening in more countries than ever before and citizens fighting for their rights and working to preserve their livelihoods. The authors of this...
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR)
" Trump Lawyers Attempt to Sue an Environmental Philosophy under Anti-Racketeering Laws ", 5 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Energy Transfer lawsuit (re Dakota Access Pipeline, USA)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Energy Transfer Partners
Ethiopia: Human rights group calls for scrapping of large-scale land deals for agribusiness to protect local communities; calls it a 'failed development paradigm'
Author: Rina Chandran & Tom Gardner, in Reuters
"Calls to end Africa's 'horrific' land deals after Indian firm's fallout"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
Canstruct, an Australian civil engineering company, will reportedly contract with the Australian government to provide services at offshore detention facilities in Nauru. Media reports highlight the concerns raised by human rights groups that...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Canstruct to respond to the media reports regarding Nauru; however, the company did not respond.
- Related stories: Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
- This is a non response from the following companies: Canstruct