International standards on the death penalty: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Minky Worden (HRW), Washington Post
- Related stories: Expanding 2022 World Cup to other Gulf countries carries human & labour rights risks, warn rights groups
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola Visa Group
Pakistan: Government inaction over unregulated recruitment agents leaves migrant workers to the Gulf vulnerable to exploitation, forced drug trafficking
Author: Mustafa Qadri (Equidem Research and Consulting), Rumsha Shahzad, Muhammad Usman (Justice Project Pakistan)
"Through the Cracks: The Exploitation of Pakistani Migrant Workers in the Gulf Recruitment Regime", Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Banks ban employees from staying at sultan of Brunei-owned hotels in response to new law punishing homosexual sex & adultery with death
Media reports that multinational banks are banning their employees from staying at hotels owned by the sultan of Brunei after the Southeast Asian country announced a new law imposing death by stoning for those convicted of gay sex, adultery, and rape....
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Lao Protest Villager Freed, 10 Still Held", 17 January 2019 ...
Author: Human Rights Watch (USA)
World Report 2019, 17 Jan 2019...
Author: Maya Foa, Reprieve, on Guardian (UK)
"Can big pharma stop the Arkansas mass executions?", 16 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: USA: McKesson becomes 1st company to sue US state to stop its drug being used in executions
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Fresenius Medical Care McKesson Pfizer
Bahrain: Rights groups address Formula 1 in letter concerning sport body's alleged links to human rights abuses during Grand Prix - company responds