Denial of freedom of expression
International standards & introductory material on denial of freedom of expression: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Report says actions of military, in particular in the context of “clearance operations” in northern Rakhine, have so seriously violated international law that any engagement in any form with the military and its businesses is indefensible until and...
Author: Andy, Fredzone
« La volonté de Google de percer le marché chinois fait polémique », 16 septembre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Google to respond to a letter from human rights organizations calling on Google to refrain from launching a censored search engine in China, saying it would violate freedom of expression and right to...
- Related stories: China: Human rights groups call on Google not to launch a censored search engine saying it would violate rights to expression & privacy; co. didn't respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet)
Commentary : FIFA and the IOC's reporting tools can help provide an avenue for human rights complaints
Author: Daniela Heerdt, Rights as Usual
"FIFA and the IOC’s Human Rights Reporting Tools – a Flower in the Remedy Bouquet", 9 September 2018...
- Related companies: FIFA
HRW launches campaign urging major car companies to stand by Saudi activists jailed for advocating women's right to drive
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Tell Car Companies To Do The Right Thing", 11 September 2018...
Author: Channel News Asia
Vietnam has denied entry to two prominent rights campaigners invited to attend this week's World Economic Forum in Hanoi, as the one-party communist state continues its hard line on critics of its dismal rights record....
Author: Agência Brasil/EBC, (Brazil)
“ONU lança iniciativa para proteger defensores ambientais”, 3 de setembro de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Author: Marcio Zonta, Brasil de Fato (Brazil)
“Mineradoras tentam cooptar igrejas, acusa padre da Rede Igrejas e Mineração-Desde 2013 se intensificam ações das empresas mirando as igrejas; aceitação social para expandir projetos em comunidades”, 31 de agosto de 2018...
Philippines: Union leader escapes assassination; attack came after protest against food company Sumifru
Author: Kath Cortez, Davao Today
"Union leader escapes from assassination attempt", 5 September 2018...
- Related companies: Sumifru
Author: Kevin Draper & Ken Belson, The New York Times (USA)
"Colin Kaepernick’s Nike Campaign Keeps N.F.L. Anthem Kneeling in Spotlight", 03 Sep 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Nike