Denial of freedom of movement
International standards on the denial of freedom of movement: click here
Related stories and components
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Al Qawareer Contracting Co. to respond to the allegations, it did not.
- Related stories: Bahrain: 450 construction workers denied wages, companies fail to respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Al Qawareer Contracting Co.
In June 2018, Migrant-Rights.Org reported on labour abuses in Bahrain's construction sector. According to the allegations, approximately 450 construction workers in Bahrain have been denied their wages since January 2018. They have also allegedly...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Alaqaria to provide clarify its relationship with HKH General Contracting, as well as explain what measures have been taken to resolve the situation of the workers. Alaqaria did not respond.
- Related stories: Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
- This is a non response from the following companies: Alaqaria
Palestinian NGO Al-Haq expresses concerns about Honda's involvement in Israeli settlements; Honda did not respond
The Palestinian NGO Al-Haq has approached Honda to express concern regarding its franchise agreement with Mayer Cars and Trucks, Honda's official distributor in Israel. Al-Haq point out that Mayer operates a garage in a settlement near Jerusalem, and ...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited HKH General Contracting to respond to allegations of non-payment of wages. The company did not respond.
- Related stories: Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from company
- This is a non response from the following companies: HKH General Contracting
Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
HKH General Contracting has reportedly failed to pay 1,200 migrant workers their salaries since September 2017. According to Migrant Rights, employees living in company housing lost access to running water and electricity for several weeks. They have...
Japan / Palestine: Department store removes Israeli settlement wines from wine fair after NGO raises concerns
Daimaru, a high end Japanese department store, removed wines made in Israeli settlements in Palestine from a large scale Mediterranean wine fair, subsequent to concerns raised by the Executive Committee of 15 Days Standing for Solidarity with Palestin...
Lawsuit against US govt. contractor ManTech alleges forced labour & workplace safety violations in Kuwait
Palestine: Over 40 Asian NGOs urge UN to release names of companies profiting from Israeli settlements