International standards & introductory material on displacement: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
So. Africa: Rural communities continue to suffer from effects of mining activities with no benefits in sight, research reveals
Author: The Conversation, (Africa)
‘How South Africa’s rural communities are getting a raw deal from mining’ 14 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Author: Periódico del Meta (Colombia)
“Comunidad indígena de Kanalitojo Vichada recupera tierras” 11 de julio de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
The Business and Human Rights Tanzania(BHRT), Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance(CHRAGG), and International Peace Information Service(IPIS) have released a briefing presents an overview of present-day business and human rights issues and...
Thailand: Cambodian villagers plan to appeal civil court rejection of class action suit against Mitr Phol
"Cambodians to appeal ruling in Mitr Phol case," 05 July 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodian farmers file lawsuit in Thailand against sugar producer Mitr Phol over alleged land grabbing
- Related companies: Mitr Phol
Author: Resumen Latinoamericano
“Ecuador. El fantasma de Nankints: Una comunidad indígena en la Amazonia ecuatoriana perdió su territorio a manos de una minera china” 5 de julio de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Explorcobres, EXSA (part of Corriente Resources) Tongling Nonferrous Metals (SOE)
Author: Prensa Latina (Cuba)
“250 Communities in Mexico to Be Relocated for Mayan Train Project”, 4th July 2019...
Author: Daily Monitor (Uganda)
"Are oil activities hurting Bunyoro heritage?"...
Uganda: Residents from oil-rich region raise concerns on displacement without adequate compensation; includes CNOOC's comments
Author: Julius Businge, The Independent (Uganda)
"CNOOC faces Hoima residents"...