International standards & introductory material on genocide: click here
Articles & reports from a wide range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Myanmar: Leber Jeweler condemns ethnic cleansing against Rohingya people; encourages cos. to follow suit
Author: Brian Leber, Leber Jeweler (USA)
“A textbook example of ethnic cleansing." These are the words used by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights...describing the treatment of the Rohingya people. What is happening right now in Burma (Myanmar) may very well go down in history as genoc...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Leber Jeweler
Author: Tatiana Gos, The Auschwitz Institute for Peace and Reconciliation (USA)
"Getting Down to Business: Uncovering the Roles Played by Enterprises in Enabling and Preventing Atrocity Crimes," 28 June 2017...
Author: Douglas Belchior, Carta Capital (Brazil)
“Negras e negros tomam ruas de SP contra reformas de Temer”, 3 de abril de 2017...
Investors urge Chevron to refrain from doing business with abusive govts. amid persecution of Rohingya in Myanmar
We invited Chevron to respond to the shareholder resolution and press release; its response is below.
Chevron plans to respond to all shareholder resolutions through our normal Proxy process. The Proxy will be published in the next month. Meanwhile, Chevron’s Myanmar State Department report is the most recent source of information covering our social...
- Related stories: Investors urge Chevron to refrain from doing business with abusive govts. amid persecution of Rohingya in Myanmar
- This is a response from the following companies: Chevron
Cambodian villagers are optimistic for Intl. Criminal Court complaint following court's decision to investigate land grabs as violations of intl. law
Author: Chris Arsenault, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Landless Cambodian farmers look to International Criminal Court for justice", 22 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: Cambodian villagers’ Intl. Criminal Court complaint (re land grabbing)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Paolo Bernasconi, Bernasconi Martinelli Alippi & Partners, dans Tribune de Genève (Suisse)
« Les droits de l’homme concernent les firmes », 28 octobre 2016...