Intimidation & threats
International standards on "intimidation and threats": click here
Related stories and components
Author: Wola and 17 members of the Afro-Colombian Solidarity Network (US)
'Civil Society Groups: Pence Must Address Killings of Colombia Human Rights Leaders' 13 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Wola y 17 organizaciones del Afro-Colombian Solidarity Network
'Grupos de sociedad civil: Pence debe abordar asesinatos de líderes de derechos humanos en Colombia' 19 de abril de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
Investors call on companies to take systematic action to protect human rights defenders following increasing harassment & attacks
Author: Investor Alliance for Human Rights
In light of the increasing threats against human rights defenders globally, and the urgent situation facing defenders in the Philippines currently, the undersigned investors are calling on companies to take broad, systemic action to protect defenders,...
Author: Jane Buchanan, Human Rights Watch
Last week was my first time in a Russian appeals courtroom. I and a colleague were there to support Semyon Simonov, a Russian human rights defender, who is taking a case against police for misconduct. Simonov had worked with Human Rights Watch to...
- Related stories: Russia: Human Rights Watch praises FIFA for supporting activist documenting abuses related to 2018 World Cup, but says it could do more; includes comments by FIFA
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Latest news on major sporting events Major sporting events
- Related companies: FIFA
Vietnam: Villagers hold officials hostage demanding release of a dozen protesters over wind power plant construction
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Hundreds of Villagers Hold Officials Hostage Over Vietnam Power Plant Plans", 20 April 2018...
- Related companies: Vietracimex
Uzbekistan: Govt lifts terms of probation for human rights defender monitoring forced labor in cotton fields, urged by activists to drop charges against other HRDs
Author: The Cotton Campaign
The Cotton Campaign welcomes the decision of a court in Uzbekistan to lift the terms of probation for human rights defender Uktam Pardaev 10 months early. Pardaev was arrested on November 16, 2015, following his reporting on forced labor during the...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders