Intimidation & threats
International standards on "intimidation and threats": click here
Related stories and components
Cambodia: Rights groups express concerns over govt's crackdowns on human rights defenders during COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Lucie Peytermann & Eléonore Hughes, AFP
"Cambodia tightens repression under virus cover: Rights groups", 10 July 2020...
Author: Mexico News Daily
"The human rights abuses of renewable energy companies in Mexico", 6th July 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Renewable energy & human rights
Author: Julie Tomiche, Libération
« Au Cambodge, la répression s'accentue contre les défenseurs des droits humains », 9 juillet 2020....
- Related stories: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Les défenseurs des droits de l’homme et libertés civiques
- Related companies: Think Biotech (Cambodia)
Cambodia: Independent media & journalists express their concerns about recent arrests and threats related to their reporting
Author: Narin Sun, VOA
"Cambodia’s Use of Incitement Law Chills Press Freedom", 03 July 2020...
Cambodia: ACLEDA Bank accuses three CSOs of defamation in its statement and urges govt to take action following CSOs' report on workers' inability to repay debt
"Cambodian Bank Demands ‘Action’ Against NGOs Who Say Workers Need Debt Relief", 02 July 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Report shows garment workers struggle to repay debts during factory suspensions caused by COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: ACLEDA Bank
Cambodia: Ministry of Labour issues a warning letter to CATU president and accuses her of violating law in protesting
Author: Khy Sovuthy, CamboJa
"Labor Ministry warns union leader for allegedly inciting workers", 03 July 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Rights group concerns over arrests & harassment of activists amid the Covid-19 pandemic measures
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Violet Apparel
Indonesia: Civil society organisations denounce alleged intentional destruction of community food resources by pulpwood company
Author: Eyes on the Forest News
'Civil Society Open Letter About APP’s Recurrent Violation of Farmers’ Land Rights in Jambi, Indonesia', June 3, 2020...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Indigenous farmer released under Covid-19 assimilation programme, yet land disputes between indigenous community & paper giant continue
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Sinar Mas Group Wira Karya Sakti (WKS)