Explore categories within this category
- Discrimination/diversity: General
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Gender discrimination
- HIV/AIDS discrimination
- Marital status discrimination
- Political opinion discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
Cambodia: Unions and NGOs issue a joint statement calling for unconditional reinstatement of a union leader who has been unjustly fired by a company
"Unconditionally, reinstates the union president, Ms. Chhim Sithar", 6 October 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: NagaWorld fires a union leader after demanding higher salaries for workers
- Related companies: NagaCorp NagaWorld
USA: Supreme Court hears oral argument for granting protection against discrimination at work to LGBTQ community
USA: Investigation highlights 'controlling and exploitative' conditions at Nicalis, incl. racist & homophobic slurs
Author: Jason Schreier, Kotaku
"Inside The Ghosting, Racism And Exploitation At Game Publisher Nicalis", 13 September 2019...
- Related companies: Nicalis
USA: Battery Wharf Hotel workers strike after union rejects changes to agreement covering safeguards for immigrants and sexual assault prevention
Author: Spencer Buell, Boston Magazine
"Another Boston Hotel Strike Is Now Underway", 5 September 2019...
- Related companies: Battery Wharf Hotel
Microsoft criticised for investing in Israeli facial recognition company allegedly conducting surveillance on Palestinians
Some civil society groups and privacy activists are criticising Microsoft's investment in AnyVision, an Israeli facial recognition company which is allegedly carrying out surveillance on Palestinians. In June 2019, Microsoft’s M12 venture capital arm...
Lesotho: Unions & women’s groups sign binding agreements with Levi's, Wrangler, Children's Place & others to combat gender-based violence in factories
Labor unions and women’s rights advocates have entered into landmark agreements with Levi Strauss, The Children’s Place, Kontoor Brands (known for Wrangler and Lee jeans), and apparel supplier Nien Hsing Textile to combat gender-based violence and...
Author: Lorenzo Franceschi-Bicchierai & Jason Koebler, VICE
"Google Employee Alleges Discrimination Against Pregnant Women in Viral Memo", 5 August 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Ex-employee files complaint against Google for alleged pregnancy discrimination & retaliation
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)
Author: Miles Moore, Crain
"Goodyear disagrees with criticism of Mexico plant conditions levied by U.S. congressmen" 7 August 2019 ...
- Related companies: Goodyear