Explore categories within this category
- Discrimination/diversity: General
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Gender discrimination
- HIV/AIDS discrimination
- Marital status discrimination
- Political opinion discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
Commentary: Companies can be a powerful participant in preventing & mitigating stigma associated with COVID-19
Author: Global Business Initiative
“COVID-19 and combatting stigma: the role of responsible business”, 25 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Commentary: Gathering data through COVID-19 tracking apps can result in discrimination & violations of the right to privacy
Author: Isabel Ebert, Cambridge Core
"Tracking COVID-19: Privacy, health, and private power," 26 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Clearview Palantir Technologies
ERGO Network calls on employers to actively support Roma youth employment & truly inclusive workplaces
Author: ERGO Network
“Place for All: Inclusive work spaces are good for employers, employees & society”, 24 March 2020...
Author: America Economía
“Expertos de la ONU reclaman que no se usen medidas de emergencia por coronavirus para suprimir DD.HH.”, 16 de marzo de 2020...
Author: Sarwat Nasir, The National (UAE)
People with disabilities struggle to find jobs in UAE, parents say," 13 Mar 2020...
Author: Erin Carson, CNET
"Google, Apple, Amazon and others sign open letter opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation", 12 March 2020...
Author: Jenny Vaughn & Kelly Scott, BSR
Coronavirus is raising a range of human rights dilemmas for business, including:...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Author: UN Special Rapporteurs & Independent Experts, OHCHR
"COVID-19: States should not abuse emergency measures to suppress human rights – UN experts," 16 March 2020...