International standards & introductory material on discrimination/diversity: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Germany: Siemens urges employees to speak out against xenophobia & discrimination following protests; co. says principles are vital for business
Author: Ivana Kottasová, CNN Money
"Siemens warns of dangers of xenophobia after violent protests in Germany", 5 Sep 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Siemens
Author: Josef Benedict, Civicus
"Asia home to largest number of indigenous peoples: Activists building a movement in face of attacks," 09 August 2018...
Author: Global Cosmetics News
"BEAUTY FOR ALL: L’ORÉAL ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR UN GLOBAL LGBTI STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR BUSINESS", 1 August 2018...
- Related companies: L'Oreal
Author: Mary Hanbury, Business Insider UK
"'You are not welcome here': Pro-LGBTQ-rights consumers vow to boycott Chick-fil-A after it announces it's opening in Toronto", 27 July 2018...
Commentary: Human rights have been peripheral in debate on impacts of artificial intelligence, despite significant added value
Author: Christiaan van Veen & Corinne Cath, Data & Society
"Artificial Intelligence: What’s Human Rights Got To Do With It?", 14 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: IBM Microsoft
Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights to focus mandate on safeguarding rights in the era of AI
Author: Dunja Mijatović, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe
"Safeguarding human rights in the era of artificial intelligence", 3 July 2018...
Building Responsibly...has developed a set of Worker Welfare Principles that establish a common, global baseline for the treatment of workers in the engineering and construction industry. [They] were developed in consultation with a diverse set of...
- Related stories: Coalition of construction & engineering companies, "Building Responsibly", advances agenda to protect workers' rights in the industry
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Bechtel Fluor Jacobs Multiplex Vinci
Author: Council of Europe
Recommendation CM/Rec(2016)3 of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers to member States on Human Rights and Business was adopted in March 2016......
USA: More women are attaining law firm partnerships since the Me Too movement, according to a report
Author: Debra Cassens Weiss, ABA Journal
"More women are attaining law firm partnerships: Is the Me Too movement providing a boost?" 22 June 2018...