Marital status discrimination
International standards & introductory material on marital status discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: CSR China
China's Ministry of Labor and Social Security says that a new labor employment rule will be formally enacted on January 1, 2008 to further regulate labor related issues in China. One of the highlights of the new rule...is that it states that employers...
Author: Funmi Komolafe & Victor Ahiuma-Young, Vanguard [Nigeria]
[Q]uite a number of [Nigerian Banks]...are known to promote unfair labour practices which have negative effects on the rights of workers, family life and industrial harmony...Abdulwaheed Omar, [Nigeria Labour Congress] president said, “the greatest...
Author: Environmental Law Service [Czech Republic]
[Original report in Czech. Title translation and following summary of the report's key points provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre]....
[DOC] Clean Computers Campaign: Report on Labour Rights in the Computer Industry in China [English summary translation]
Author: Students and Scholars against Corporate Misbehaviour (SACOM)
[Original report in Chinese. Title translation and following summary of the report's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre with authorization by SACOM.]...
- Related stories: Shenzhen, China: NGO survey of working conditions in 13 electronics factories supplying 47 brands finds abuses including child labour, discrimination, excessive overtime
- Related in-depth areas: Marital status discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Acer Apple ASRock Asus Bestec Power Electronics BYD Canon Compaq (part of HP) Datang Telecom Technology Dell Delta Electronics Epson (part of Seiko) Evoc Intelligent Technology Fittec International Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Fujitsu Fujitsu Technology Solutions (part of Fujitsu) Gateway Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies IBM Konka Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Matsushita (now Panasonic) Microsoft Motorola NEC Nokia Nortel Networks Panasonic Royal Philips Electronics Ruijie Networks (Part of Start Group) Samsung Seiko Sharp Siemens Sony TCL Corporation Toshiba Trigem Tsinghua Tongfang ZTE
Author: Brian Ho, CSR Asia
[A] research, which focuses mainly on the living and working conditions of female migrant workers, was...published...by the All-China Women’s Federation (ACWF), [named] Survey of 1,000 Female Migrant Workers in Urban Areas... Some of the major findings...
Author: Marla Dickerson and Meredith Mandell, Los Angeles Times [USA]
When Michigan-based Lear Corp. needed a secretary for its office in [Mexico], it placed an ad seeking a "female … aged 20 to 28 … preferably single … with excellent presentation", asking applicants to include a recent photo with their resumes. In the...
Author: Fair Labor Association
The FLA's 2005 Annual Public Report provides the public with an impartial, detailed look into what 28 diverse companies have done in the past year to improve the working conditions in the factories where they produce around the world. [refers to Fair...
- Related stories: Fair Labor Association annual report finds more violations at apparel & footwear suppliers, but says rise may be due to better monitoring
- Related companies: Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Cutter & Buck Drew Pearson Marketing (part of Mainland Headwear) Eddie Bauer Gap GEAR for Sports Gildan Activewear Global Accessories Herff Jones Jostens Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mainland Headwear Marks & Spencer MBI New Era Cap Nike Nordstrom Otto Outdoor Cap Oxford Industries Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Reebok (part of adidas) Riddell Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Twins Enterprise VF Corp Zephyr-Graf-X
Author: Amber Healy, Connection Newspapers [USA]
The Alexandria Human Rights Commission has ruled that Long and Foster was in violation of the city's human rights code...for selling the house to a married couple. Dale Sanders, Cummings' attorney, said that it was unclear from the statement whether...
- Related companies: Long & Foster