Political opinion discrimination
International standards on political opinion discrimination: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Trade Arabia (Bahrain)
Around 200 people protested in front of Bahrain's Labour Ministry yesterday demanding the reinstatement of workers dismissed following unrest in 2011. It was the 24th demonstration calling for jobs for those still out of work, according to the General...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our fifth PMSC Bulletin. To assist those interested in private military & security companies (PMSCs) and their impacts on human rights, we publish this bulletin semi-annually to highlight key developments reported by NGOs, governments,...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace PMSC Bulletin
- Related companies: AlliedBarton (part of Blackstone) BAE Systems Blackstone Blackwater CACI Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) G4S Grupo Eulen ITM Mining KBR Nikuv International Projects Sociedade Mineira do Cuango (joint venture ITM Mining, Endiama & Lumanhe) Teleservice
Author: Diamond Intelligence (Israel)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Nikuv International Projects to respond. The company did not respond.] Sources allege that Israeli security company Nikuv International Projects (NIP), which managed both the lists of registered...
Author: New York Times, Andrew Jacobs
The cry for help, a neatly folded letter stuffed inside a package of Halloween decorations sold at Kmart, travelled…from China into the hands of a mother of two in Oregon…the writer said he was imprisoned at a labor camp…[A] 47-year-old former inmate...
Thousands of police, other steps silence protest against petrochemical plant in Chinese city [China]
Author: Associated Press
Hundreds of people - many wearing mouth masks - gathered in Kunming to protest a planned refinery project…owned by PetroChina…Residents say they are worried the plant would pollute the air and water, and question why the plant is being built in a...
- Related stories: China: Hundreds protest against PetroChina refinery project near Kunming over health concerns - includes PetroChina response
- Related companies: PetroChina
Author: MENA Solidarity Network
Workers…have the right to dream…that our demands…will be met.... The constitution was drafted without workers, and it fails to express our demands, or those of the poor in general. Instead of seeing our demands met, we face imprisonment, dismissal...
Author: Alexandra Topping, Guardian [UK]
Human rights campaigners have called for an investigation into the British surveillance technology company Gamma International, which they accuse of exporting controlled surveillance products without licences to regimes with dismal human rights...