International standards & introductory material on racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Brad Smith, Microsoft Blog
"Facial recognition technology: The need for public regulation and corporate responsibility", 13 July 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft
Kenya: Govt. agency probes allegations of racism against China Road & Bridge Corporation against local staff
Kenya Railways has given China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), the Chinese operator of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR), 72 hours to respond to claims of mistreatment of local staff. The directive follows media reports of mistreatment of local sta...
The HireVue team has always been deeply committed to an ethical, rigorous, and ongoing process of testing for and preventing bias in HireVue Assessments models (or algorithms). We are aware that whenever AI algorithms are created, there is a potential...
- Related stories: Facial analysis technology often recreates racial & gender bias, says researcher
- This is a response from the following companies: HireVue
USA: Halliburton to face lawsuit alleging national origin & religious discrimination against 2 employees
Author: Patrick Dorrian, Bloomberg BNA (USA)
"Halliburton Accused by Government of Harassing Muslim Workers", 3 July 2018...
Myanmar: Subsidiary of Japanese brewery Kirin made donations to military during ethnic cleansing, says Amnesty: includes correspondence with company
Author: Amnesty International
Japanese authorities must urgently launch an investigation into payments that a subsidiary of the multinational brewing giant Kirin made to Myanmar’s military and authorities at the height of an ethnic cleansing campaign against the Rohingya populatio...
Author: Mining Technology (UK)
"South Africa’s draft mining charter proposes 30% black ownership"...
Author: Tim Sylvia, pv magazine (USA)
"Vivint Solar responds to racial discrimination lawsuit", 14 June 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Amazon was urged to disclose public bias testing data for its facial recognition software. We invited Amazon to respond; company didn't respond.
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- This is a non response from the following companies: Amazon.com