International standards & introductory material on racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Rebecca Suhrawardi, Forbes
"The Big Issues Facing Fashion in 2019", 16 January 2019...
Author: Jeferson Straatmann & Marcio Santilli, Instituto Socioambiental (ISA)/Valor Econômico (Brazil)
“Parcerias bem-sucedidas entre índios e empresas elevam os produtos indígenas a um novo patamar que garante acesso a mercados sofisticados. Mas a economia da floresta que se traduz em cuidado com o patrimônio nacional é tratada com desprezo nas...
- Related companies: Lush
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
USA: Immigrants disproportionately subjected to surveillance, raising concerns regarding privacy & discrimination
Author: Sophie Haigney, Pacific Standard
"Not all surveillance is created equal," 7 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Vigilant Solutions
Author: The Intercepter (Brasil)
“Especialistas em inteligência artificial emitem alerta urgente contra reconhecimento facial”, 4 de janeiro de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Brazil: New president makes agriculture ministry responsible for indigenous people's lands in a win for agribusiness
Author: Thomson Reuters in CBC News (Canada)
"Brazil's new president gives Agriculture Ministry power to decide on Indigenous lands", 02 Jan 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Spencer S. Hsu, The Washington Post (USA)
"Greyhound tells riders of rights when Border Patrol comes on board", 22 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Amtrak Greyhound
Norway to build wind farm despite UN calls to suspend project over concerns of impact on indigenous herders’ livelihoods
Author: Lefteris Karagiannopoulos, Reuters
"Norway to build wind farm despite concerns of reindeer herders", 21 December 2018...
We have been in touch with Muslim Advocates and will send them a response in January.
- Related stories: USA: Civil rights groups call on Facebook to stop use of its platform to spread hate & violence & to ensure greater accountability of leadership
- This is a response from the following companies: Facebook
Following the launch of its "Toxic Twitter" report in March 2018, Amnesty International launched Troll Patrol, a global crowdsourcing effort to demonstrate the scale and nature of abuse that women continue to experience on Twitter. In collaboration...