International standards & introductory material on racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
In October 2019, the US government widened its trade blacklist to include eight Chinese technology and artificial intelligence companies due to concerns on China’s treatment of Muslim minorities....
USA government's widened blacklist on Chinese tech companies prompts pension funds to monitor development
Author: Svea Herbst-Bayliss and Tim McLaughlin, Reuters
“U.S. pension funds took positions in blacklisted Chinese surveillance company”, 15 October 2019...
- Related stories: USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
- Related companies: Hikvision
USA govt. widens trade blacklist to include eight Chinese artificial intelligence companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
Author: David Shepardson & Josh Horwitz, Reuters
“U.S. expands blacklist to include China's top AI startups ahead of trade talks”, 8 Oct 2019...
India: Report highlights failure of audits to identify major labour rights risks in leather footwear supply chain
Author: Homeworkers Worldwide
"Due diligence in Tamil Nadu leather footwear manufacture", September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing
Author: The Mainichi
"Osaka NPO urges labor ministry to include racial harassment in prevention law", 29 September 2019...
Author: Michael Sainato, Shadow Proof (USA)
"Verizon workers file federal complaints against alleged racist workplace culture", 5 Sep 2019...
- Related stories: Facebook bans content related to white nationalism & separatism after pressure from civil rights groups USA: Civil rights groups call on Facebook to stop use of its platform to spread hate & violence & to ensure greater accountability of leadership
- This is a non response from the following companies: Facebook
USA: Former Circle K cashier files lawsuit against company over racial & sexual orientation discrimination; incl. company statement
Author: Janelle Griffith, NBC News (USA)
"She was taunted by co-workers as a 'man in a dress,' trans woman claims in suit against Circle K", 22 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News