International standards & introductory material on religious discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Short & long-term impacts of COVID-19 on garment supply chain workers should be mitigated by the big brands, says AFWA report
Author: Asia Floor Wage Alliance
“The emperor has no clothes: Garment supply chains in the time of pandemic -Issue: II”, May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Sri Lanka: Facebook “deplores” misuse of its platform & apologises for contributing to fear & violence in 2018, incl. company comments
Author: Daily Mirror
"FB apologizes for role in Sri Lankan violence", 13 May 2020...
- Related stories: Facebook releases findings of independent human rights impact assessments of the role of its services in Sri Lanka, Indonesia & Cambodia
- Related companies: Facebook
Author: Felix Gouty, Journal du Geek (France)
« Les caméras utilisées par Amazon pour contrôler la température de ses employés américains proviendraient d’une compagnie blacklistée par les États-Unis et dénoncée par l’ONU pour son implication dans une violation des droits de l’Homme », 30 avril...
- Related stories: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Surveillance, censure et droit au respect de la vie privée
- Related companies: Amazon.com Dahua Technology
‘US bill would bar goods from Xinjiang, classifying them as the product of forced labour by Uygurs’, 12 March 2020...
Author: Dan Sabbagh, the Guardian
“A Conservative MP has asked BT to investigate whether using Huawei is compliant with its anti-slavery policy after an Australian thinktank alleged that some of the Chinese firm’s subcontractors used forced labour from the country’s Muslim minority.”...
Author: Oliver Holmes & Quique Kierszenbaum, Guardian (UK)
"Gett: Israeli taxi app sued for service used to avoid Arab drivers", 21st February 2020...
India: Facebook allegedly being used as 'megaphone of hate', after report shows widespread sharing of hate speech directed at Bengali Muslims
Author: Pranav Dixit, BuzzFeed
"Facebook Failed The Rohingya In Myanmar. Now It May Be Repeating Its Mistakes In Assam.", 28 October 2019...
India: Report highlights failure of audits to identify major labour rights risks in leather footwear supply chain
Author: Homeworkers Worldwide
"Due diligence in Tamil Nadu leather footwear manufacture", September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing