Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
ABN AMRO's conference focuses on business role in improving situation of civic freedoms & human rights defenders
ABN AMRO, a leading Dutch bank, organized a conference entitled 'Civic Freedom and Human Rights Defenders: What Is the Role of Business?'. The event was organised in collaboration with the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre and International...
ABN AMRO's conference highlights importance of civic freedoms & human rights defenders & business role in protection
Author: ABN AMRO
"ABN AMRO gives human rights defenders a platform", Jul 2019...
- Related stories: ABN AMRO's conference focuses on business role in improving situation of civic freedoms & human rights defenders
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro
UK: Govt. releases guidelines on human rights defenders & outlines support to defenders working on business and human rights
Author: Government of the United Kingdom
"UK Support for Human Rights Defenders", 15 Jul 2019...
USA: American Bar Association files amicus brief to support LGBT employees & urges Supreme Court to recognise prohibition against discrimination on sexual orientation
Author: Amanda Robert, ABA Journal
"ABA amicus brief supports LGBTQ employees in Title VII discrimination cases", 3 July 2019...
Author: Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News
"Over 200 major companies sign Supreme Court brief in favor of LGBTQ workers," 2 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Airbnb Alphabet Amazon.com American Airlines Apple Bank of America Bayer Best Buy Comcast Domino's Pizza Facebook General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton IBM JPMorgan Chase Macy's Marriott Morgan Stanley Nike
USA: Supreme Court rejects appeal against bakers who refused to make wedding cake for same-sex couple on religious grounds
Author: The Independent (UK)
"US Supreme Court throws out appeal against bakers who refused to make same-sex wedding cake", 18 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
On the occasion of the United Nation’s High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet’s visit to Canada, the Government of Canada released an updated version of the guidance on supporting human rights defenders for the staff of Canadian missions...