Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
USA: American Bar Association files amicus brief to support LGBT employees & urges Supreme Court to recognise prohibition against discrimination on sexual orientation
Author: Amanda Robert, ABA Journal
"ABA amicus brief supports LGBTQ employees in Title VII discrimination cases", 3 July 2019...
Author: Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News
"Over 200 major companies sign Supreme Court brief in favor of LGBTQ workers," 2 July 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Supreme Court hears oral argument for granting protection against discrimination at work to LGBTQ community
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Airbnb Alphabet Amazon.com American Airlines Apple Bank of America Bayer Best Buy Comcast Domino's Pizza Facebook General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton IBM JPMorgan Chase Macy's Marriott Morgan Stanley Nike
USA: Supreme Court rejects appeal against bakers who refused to make wedding cake for same-sex couple on religious grounds
Author: The Independent (UK)
"US Supreme Court throws out appeal against bakers who refused to make same-sex wedding cake", 18 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
On the occasion of the United Nation’s High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet’s visit to Canada, the Government of Canada released an updated version of the guidance on supporting human rights defenders for the staff of Canadian missions...
Canada: Updated guidelines on supporting defenders strongly reference defenders working on business issues
Author: Government of Canada
"Voices at Risk: Canada’s Guidelines on Supporting Human Rights Defenders", 17 Jun 2019...
Author: Edward Helmore, The Guardian (USA)
Banking giant Goldman Sachs has been hit with a lawsuit over claims from a former senior employee that he was discriminated against on the basis of his sexual orientation and allegedly subjected to homophobic retaliation....
Hong Kong: MTR Corp. and Airport Authority reverse ban on Cathay Pacific's same-sex ad amid criticisms
Author: Danny Lee, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Hong Kong’s Airport Authority joins MTR Corp in reversing ban on Cathay Pacific same-sex ad after LGBT outcry”, 21 May 2019...
Author: Minky Worden (HRW), Washington Post
- Related stories: Expanding 2022 World Cup to other Gulf countries carries human & labour rights risks, warn rights groups
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola Visa Group