Sexual orientation & gender identity (LGBT) discrimination
Related stories and components
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Open For Business
"How inclusion can fuel Kenya’s tech and start-up communities"...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
Author: Sul 21 (Brazil)
“Panvel pede desculpas por fala de executivo sobre Jean Wyllys”, 25 de janeiro de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Author: Alexandra Gibbs, CNBC (USA)
"MI5, Baker McKenzie and Citi crowned as some of Britain's best LGBT-inclusive employers", 20 jan 2019...
UK: Tribunal holds company accountable for discriminating against lesbian employee by forcing her to silence her sexual orientation
Author: Sebastian Murphy-Bate, Mailonline (UK)
"Lesbian textile worker who was told to keep her sexuality quiet because 'there were no other gay people in the firm' wins sex discrimination case", 21 Jan. 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Jon Steingart, Bloomberg Law
"Supreme Court Signals Interest in LGBT Job Bias Cases", 7 Jan. 2019...
Front Line Defenders' new global analysis shows 77% of attacks connected to defense of land, environment & indigenous rights
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Global Analysis 2018", 07 Dec 2018...