Explore categories within this category
- Environment: General
- Climate change
- Environmental discrimination
- Why environmental issues are human rights issues
Related stories and components
Canada: Supreme Court requires bankrupt company to pay settlement from earlier lawsuit over waterways pollution
"Supreme Court Rules in R. v. Resolute FP Canada Inc." 7 Dec 2019...
Author: Victoria Waldersee and Catarina Demony, Reuters
"Portugal's government under fire over controversial lithium contract," 27 November 2019....
Author: Le Monde with AFP
[Excerpt translation from Chinese to English provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre]...
Author: Le Monde avec AFP
« La Guinée réattribue l'exploitation d'un immense gisement de fer à un consortium asiatico-guinéen », 14 novembre 2019....
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on natural resources Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: BSG Resources (part of Beny Steinmetz Group) Rio Tinto Shandong Weiqiao Pioneering Société Minière de Boké (SMB) (joint venture between Winning Shipping, United Mining Supply, Shandong Weiqiao and Yantai Port)
Author: Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC)
A new report released today by the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC) clearly demonstrates that people who protect the environment and human rights are increasingly being monitored, threatened, harassed – and even murdered. ...
- Related stories: Major new report on environmental defenders finds 52% of defenders were harassed by companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Author: Minera Autlán
Estamos comprometidos con la transparencia y el cuidado del medio ambiente, siempre apegados a las normas y regulaciones establecidas por las autoridades mexicanas. En relación a nuestras operaciones informamos que: La contaminación y supuesta afect...
- Related stories: México: Minera Autlán acusada de contaminación e impactos en la salud en la Sierra de Hidalgo; la empresa responde
- This is a response from the following companies: Minera Autlán (part of Grupo Ferrominero GFM)
Author: Radio New Zealand
- Related stories: 巴布亚新几内亚：中国拥有的Ramu Nickel将200,000升有毒矿浆漏入海中；公司致力于解决赔偿问题
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC)
Author: Benjamin Robinson-Drawbridge, Radio New Zealand
"Controversial PNG mine reopens but locals unhappy", 30 October 2019. ...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Chinese-owned Ramu Nickel spills 200,000 litres of toxic slurry into the sea; co. commits to address compensation
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Ramu Nickel
Indonesia: Freeport McMoRan's Grasberg mine impacts indigenous land rights, company response included
An article by Mongabay from 2017 alleges that PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) never compensated the Amungme and Kamoro people on the land where it operates its Grasberg gold and copper mine. The article also alleges that PTFI was using land in protected...