See also: Big Issue area on "Climate Justice".
Related stories and components
Author: Greenpeace España
“Las heridas del carbón” 9 de diciembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Adaro Energy Anglo American Anglo American South Africa BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond EDP (Energias de Portugal) Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energias de Portugal (see EDP) Eskom Glencore Iberdrola Kuzbassrazrezugol Murray Energy Naturgy Prodeco (part of Glencore) Viesgo
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
Americas: Report recognises increase in climate refugees as well as risk for those defending their territory against large scale economic projects
Author: Common Dreams
“'Fleeing Not Migrating'”, 6th December 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: Sandra Cuffe, Aljazeera
"Chile groups launch alternative climate event despite COP25 move", 2 December 2019...
Govts. & companies most responsible for climate change should mobilise finance to assist those most affected
Author: Thomas Hirscha (Climate and Development Advice), ACT Alliance, Brot fur die Welt, Lutheran World Federation, World Council of Churches
"Protecting the most vulnerable while working for climate justice", 12 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
Greenpeace Africa and a coalition of eight NGOs from the two Congos are calling on COP 25 for the immediate cancellation of all industrial activities in peatlands
"Fighting for climate action but barred from COP25: what did these Congolese forest defenders want to say in Madrid?", 6 December 2019...
Author: News 24 (South Africa)
‘FirstRand commits to disclosing fossil fuel exposure’ 28 November 2019...
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘Sasol scores ‘own goal’ as climate pressure mounts in South Africa’ 29 November 2019...