International standards & introductory material on indigenous peoples: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Ana Mano, Reuters
"JBS sued over alleged violation of Brazil indigenous rights during pandemic," 2 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: JBS
Author: China Dialogue
"Attacks on ecosystem defenders in Latin America continue amid Covid-19", 13th May 2020...
...The first attempt to reach an agreement took place in 2011, it lasted 8 months and did not succeed, although negotiations were conducted with mutual respect .The working table included nine communities representatives and 2 company spokespersons. As...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
- This is a response from the following companies: Enel
Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
Throughout 2012 and 2013, indigenous leaders and representatives of ENEL, an Italian-based energy company building a huge hydro-electric dam on ancestral indigenous lands, held negotiation sessions in order to reach an agreement. The negotiations...
Mexico: Indigenous communities accuse EDF of violating their right to consultation with the Gunaa Sicarú wind farm in Oaxaca
The Gunaa Sicarú wind farm owned by the French company Électricité de France (EDF) in the indigenous Zapotec community, Unión Hidalgo in Oaxaca, has been accused on several occasions of not adhering to international human rights standards with regards...
EDF Renewables está en Mexico desde 2011 y ya opera 3 parques eólicos en el estado de Oaxaca. El grupo EDF está totalmente cometido en informar y consultar las comunidades locales sobre sus proyectos en conformidad tanto con la regulación y los...
- Related stories: México: El parque eólico Gunaa Sicarú de EDF en Oaxaca registra acusaciones de violación al derecho a la consulta indígena; la empresa responde
- This is a response from the following companies: EDF
Author: Agência Pública
“Dois mil garimpeiros buscam ouro em Raposa Serra do Sol”, 22 de maio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre recursos naturais