Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender (LGBT) people
Related stories and components
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Prensa Latina (Cuba)
“Ambientalistas en resistencia, una lucha difícil en Honduras”, 7 de marzo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
Author: Open For Business
"How inclusion can fuel Kenya’s tech and start-up communities"...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
UN Working Group on use of mercenaries calls for submissions on impacts of private military & security companies on gender (due 28 Feb) & links to extractives (due 15 Mar)
The two calls for contributions are available below in English, French and Spanish: PMSCs & gender (28 Feb) PMSCs & extractive industry (due 15 Mar)
Author: UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries as a means of violating human rights and impeding the exercise of the rights of peoples to self-determination
In one of its two thematic reports for 2019, the Working Group intends to focus on gender dimensions of the PMSC industry. The Working Group understands gender to refer to the socially constructed identities, attributes and roles of persons in relation...
Author: Justin Wm. Moyer, Washington Post (USA)
"D.C. restaurant fined $7,000 after asking transgender woman for ID before letting her use bathroom", 17 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Human Rights Watch (USA)
World Report 2019, 17 Jan 2019...