Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender (LGBT) people
Related stories and components
Author: Comissão Pastoral da Terra-CPT (Brazil)
“NOTA PÚBLICA: Com as armas da solidariedade e da justiça, resistamos à mentira, hipocrisia e barbárie!”, 16 de outubro de 2018...
- Related stories: Brasil: Eleições 2018, democracia em risco, e implicações para direitos humanos e empresas
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Pen America launches guide for writers to defend against cyber abuse & calls on social media companies to improve their policies re online harassment
Author: Pen America
There is now a growing recognition that online harassment can affect its targets’ freedom to express themselves, their livelihoods, and their mental and physical health. It is also clear that online harassment can extend to the offline world,...
Former Tesla employees accuse co. of antigay harassment, age discrimination & failure to pay wages in lawsuit
Author: Trudy Ring, The Advocate
"Blockbuster Suit Against Tesla Alleges Antigay Harassment and More", 1 August 2018...
Author: Global Cosmetics News
"BEAUTY FOR ALL: L’ORÉAL ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR UN GLOBAL LGBTI STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR BUSINESS", 1 August 2018...
- Related companies: L'Oreal
Author: Mary Hanbury, Business Insider UK
"'You are not welcome here': Pro-LGBTQ-rights consumers vow to boycott Chick-fil-A after it announces it's opening in Toronto", 27 July 2018...
Author: AM Prensa (Costa Rica)
“Empresas se comprometen con la no discriminación hacia personas LGBTI”, 28 de junio de 2018...
UK: Virgin Atlantic to stop accepting forced deportations amid concern over removal of Windrush generation migrants & LGBT asylum seekers
Author: BBC News
"Virgin Atlantic stops accepting forced deportations", 30 June 2018...
FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board releases update on advice to FIFA on the World Cup 2018 and 2026 Bid Evaluation
Author: FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board
"Update Statement from the FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board, May 2018"...
LGBTQ rights may be important consideration in Amazon's selection of location for second headquarters
Author: Jonathan O'Connell, Los Angeles Times
"The unspoken factor in Amazon's search for a new home: Jeff Bezos' support for gay rights," 27 April 2018...
- Related companies: Amazon.com