Migrant & immigrant workers
International standards and introductory material on migrant & immigrant workers: click here
Articles and reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Businesses called on to champion EU integration & liberal values during 2019 European Parliament elections
Author: Alberto Alemanno, Social Europe
"A European Super-PAC To Take On Bannon’s Illiberal Shock Troops", 24 Jul 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Canada: Parliamentary report requests Govt. develop legislation that motivates business to eliminate child labour
In November and December 2017, the Subcommittee on International Human Rights of the House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development undertook a study on child labour in supply chains. The Subcommittee received...
« Un plan d'action pour intégrer les réfugiés au marché du travail », 16 octobre 2018...
- This is a response from the following companies: BNP Paribas
"Bahrain building collapse kills 4, displaces nearly 200 workers", 14 October 2018...
Author: Jeune Afrique et AFP
"Des Marocains dénoncent « l’esclavage » dans des exploitations agricoles françaises", 5 octobre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
Author: Gulf Times
"Qatar’s first overseas visa centre set to open", 2 October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights and the Qatar World Cup 2022
Author: Löning - Human Rights & Responsible Business
Today, there are 40.3 million people in 167 countries affected... [W]omen and children are the most vulnerable... [T]wo thirds of the affected people live in Asia... [M]odern slavery risks have also risen throughout Europe... A key factor contributi...