Related stories and components
Author: Soh Ji-young, Korea Times
Two major umbrella trade unions said on Tuesday that female workers, especially part-timers, are exposed to various types of sexual harassment at their workplaces.
Author: Rachel A. Cichowski, Law & Society Review [USA]
This analysis examines supranational constitutionalism in the European Union...[T]he study focuses on the role of the European Court of Justice in the creation of women’s rights...This study focuses specifically on gender equality law, yet provides a...
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
Author: Antony Barnett, Observer
After fierce legal wrangles and appeals through the US courts, judges have awarded an American family almost $7 million (£3.9m) in damages after their son was born with empty eye sockets in 1990. The US chemical giant DuPont, which made Benlate and...
- Related companies: DuPont
Author: Jacqueline Fowks, Reforma
La compañía estadounidense Doe Run...se comprometió a disminuir sus emisiones tóxicas en la zona, sin embargo estudios científicos revelan que la metalúrgica sigue contaminando y que la salud de la población de La Oroya...se ve cada vez más mermada.
[PDF] Summaries of Presentations Made at the UNRISD Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility and Development: Towards a New Agenda? 17 November 2003 - 18 November 2003 Salle XVI, Palais des Nations, Geneva
Author: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
...we want to take stock of recent proposals to do with corporate accountability and to consider their feasibility both in political terms and as instruments for addressing the types of development concerns that surround the CSR agenda. [refers to...
- Related stories: Conference News - Corporate Social Responsibility and Development: Towards a New Agenda? Report of the UNRISD Conference 17-18 November 2003, Geneva Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Altria British American Tobacco Coca-Cola Cooperativa La Cruz Azul Holcim Holcim Apasco (part of Holcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) McDonald's Nestlé Nike Philip Morris USA (part of Altria)
Author: T. Christian Miller, Los Angeles Times
[Monica] Torres is one of thousands of Ecuadoreans who stand to benefit from a multibillion-dollar lawsuit alleging that Texaco's operations between 1972 and 1992 destroyed land, sickened residents and contributed to the demise of indigenous tribes....
"Human Rights, Development and Business - An Introduction" [speech by Mary Robinson at Intl. Symposium on Human Rights & the Private Sector, Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development, Basel]
Author: Mary Robinson, Director of Ethical Globalization Initiative
Allow me to begin by posing and responding to a question I am often asked. 'What do you think is the worst human rights problem in the world today?' I answer in a way people don't quite expect. I say, 'extreme poverty'. [refers to Novartis]
- Related companies: Novartis
Author: El Comercio [Ecuador]
El juicio civil impulsado por campesinos de Ecuador contra la empresa Dyncorp, en EE.UU., tiene una nueva prueba de los efectos de la fumigación en la frontera [con Colombia]. Una investigación...señala que las fumigaciones con glifosato efectuadas...
- Related stories: Perfil de demanda judicial contra DynCorp por actividades en Colombia y Ecuador
- Related companies: DynCorp