Access to medicines
International standards & introductory material on access to medicines: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Novartis responds to concerns raised about the social & environmental impacts of its business practices
On 2 April, the German-Swiss newspaper TagesWoche published an article about Novartis' decision to name Shannon Klinger chief of ethics and compliance and elevate the function to be part of the executive board following concerns raised about its...
At Novartis, corporate responsibility (CR) is central to how we run our business. Our CR strategy supports our company mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of...
- Related stories: Novartis responds to concerns raised about the social & environmental impacts of its business practices
- This is a response from the following companies: Novartis
China: Doctor arrested for describing Chinese medicinal tonic that was banned for false advertising as ‘poison’
Author: Louise Moon, South China Morning Post
A Chinese doctor [Tan Qindong] is under investigation for describing as “poison” a “medicinal liquor” that has repeatedly been banned over false claims about its health benefits…after receiving a complaint from the Hongmao Wine company, Beijing Youth...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
EU: Commission launches public consultation on institutional investors & asset managers' duties regarding sustainability, incl. human rights
Author: European Commission
Author: David Gelles, Landon Thomas Jr., Andrew Ross Sorkin & Kate Kellyaug, NY Times (USA)
On Tuesday, Indra Nooyi, the chief executive of PepsiCo, joined a call with other prominent corporate chieftains who...had agreed to advise...Trump. A rebellion was brewing. Along with other business leaders, [she]...watched with bafflement over the...
- Related stories: Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: General Motors IBM Intel Merck PepsiCo Under Armour