Health as a human right
International standards on health as a human right: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Sipho Kings, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘ArcelorMittal charged with breaking environment laws’ 7 June 2019...
- Related companies: Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal)
Author: Adam Abu Bakar, Free Malaysia Today
"Residents demand closure of Sepang plastic factory", 26 May 2019...
Nigeria: Parliament suspends Sterling Global Oil Exploration and Energy for failure to company with regulatory requirements & environmental pollution
Author: Levinus Nwabughiogu, Vanguard (Nigeria)
“Reps halt oil exploration in Anambra” 9 May 2019...
India: Illegal recruitment agencies answer high demand in Telangana, leaving thousands of migrant workers open to Gulf labour abuse
Author: Charan Teja, The News Minute
"Despair in search of livelihood: the saga of the Telangana Gulf migration", 10 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Indonesia: Govt. will eradicate use of toxic mercury in small-scale gold mining & health care sectors
Author: Fransiska Nangoy, Wilda Asmarini & Bernadette Christina Munthe, Reuters
"Indonesia says ramping up push against mercury in mining, industry", 7 May 2019...
Author: Alex Castro, The Verge
Google said... it would require its extended, non-employee workforce in the United States receive comprehensive health care coverage, a $15 minimum wage, and 12 weeks of parental leave. The move follows protests from employees and other workers......
Zimbabwe: Govt. urged to enforce safety regulations in the wake of rise in mining-related occupation hazards
Author: Gibson Mhaka, Chronicle (Zimbabwe)
“Expedite investment in the occupational health and safety of miners” 2 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Malaysia: Directors, driver of tyre-processing co. charged for illegally dumping chemicals into river
Author: The Straits Times
"Pasir Gudang chemical spill: Singaporean among three charged over pollution of river", 24 March 2019...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group