Health as a human right
International standards on health as a human right: click here
Related stories and components
Commentary: Indonesia's toxic haze & forest fire partly attributed to commercial operations will cause health problems for years to come
Author: Maria C. Lo Bue, The Conversation
"Indonesia's huge fires and toxic haze will cause health problems for years to come", 7 October 2019...
Indonesia: Palm oil & paper companies under renewed scrutiny for breaking anti-logging commitment following forest fire
Author: Catherine Lai, Asia Times
"Burning issue: Indonesia fires put palm oil under scrutiny", 30 September 2019...
Author: L'Obs avec AFP
« Pollution au plomb en Zambie 25 ans après la fermeture de mines, selon HRW », 23 août 2019...
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa
- Related stories: Morocco: Fertilising industries accused of harming the health of Moroccan workers and communities. OCP responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Office Cherifien des Phosphates (OCP)
Author: Resumen (Chile)
“Realizan actividades de divulgación y reflexión ante proyecto minero de tierras raras en el Biobío”- 24 de agosto de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
Vale will address below the issues brought up in three cases in the Business and Human Rights Resource Center website on Indonesia, New Caledonia and Onça Puma, Brazil.
- Related stories: Brazil: Vale Onca Puma mining operations accused of harms to indigenous peoples' rights, water contamination & environment Indonesia: Indigenous groups allege abuses of rights by Vale nickel mining activity New Caledonia: Vale nickel operations allegedly polluting air & contaminating seafood comprising indigenous communities' livelihood Show moreShow less
- This is a response from the following companies: Vale
Author: Sam Levin, The Guardian
"Revealed: how Monsanto's 'intelligence center' targeted journalists and activists", 08 Aug 2019...