Health: General (including workplace health & safety)
International standards & introductory material on health (including workplace health & safety): click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Zambia: 131 miners stranded underground during repair work at Konkola Copper Mines; including provisional liquidator's comments
Author: Daniel Chansa, News Diggers
"131 miners stranded underground at KCM after power trip out", 23 December 2019....
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Vedanta Resources
Author: Danielle Paquette, Washington Post
"Fake drugs kill people and fund terror. African leaders hope to do something about it.", 18 January 2020...
Bahrain: Repatriated Indian worker alleges labour abuse including long hours, harassment and unpaid wages
Author: News of Bahrain
"Social workers help expatriate 'tortured by employer' fly home," 20 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Migrant workers
Author: Matina Stevis-Gridneff, New York Times
"How Forced Labor in Eritrea Is Linked to E.U.-Funded Projects"...
Official documents obtained by Swiss NGO Public Eye show that 37 tonnes of profenofos were exported from Switzerland to Brazil in 2018. Profenofos is an insecticide which is banned in Switzerland due to its effects on health and the environment....
At Syngenta protecting health and the environment is of paramount importance to us... We respect all international, national and local laws, and take our obligations as a large global business seriously......
- Related stories: Exported Syngenta pesticide found in drinking water in Brazil, NGO alleges; incl. company response
- This is a response from the following companies: Syngenta
Singapore: Firms urged to use technology alongside new safety & health guidelines to make crane operations safer
Author: Sue-Ann Tan, The Straits Times
"Safer crane operations with new guidelines, technology", 16 January 2020...