International standards & introductory material on HIV/AIDS: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Sydney Ivembi, Gabonactu.com (Gabon)
"Journée Mondiale de lutte contre le Sida : Total Marketing Gabon s’associe davantage au combat", 1 décembre 2017...
- Related companies: Total
Commentary: Climate policies should address gendered impacts of climate change including effects on women's health
Author: Hwei Mian Lim, ARROW, OpenGlobalRights
"Climate Change Exacerbates Gender Inequality, Putting Women's Health at Risk", 6 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: China Communication Construction Company lawsuit (re HIV/AIDS discrimination, Uganda)
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
Commentary: "How corporations, activists, and politicians turned the language of human rights into meaningless babble"
Author: Michael Hobbes, Foreign Policy
"Saving the World, One Meaningless Buzzword at a Time - How corporations, activists, and politicians turned the language of human rights into meaningless babble"...
Author: Access to Medicine Foundation
"Access to Medicine Index 2016," Nov 2016...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2016: Materials launched & commentaries
- Related companies: AbbVie AstraZeneca Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Daiichi Sankyo Eisai Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi Takeda Pharmaceutical
Uganda: Report on corporate accountability calls for business operations that is "consistent and promotes human rights"; includes companies comments
The Uganda Consortium on Corporate Accountability recently released a report on "The State of Corporate Accountability in Uganda". The report documents the human rights impacts of business operations on communities in the oil exploration and mining...
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energias de Portugal (EDP) Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank (Nedcor) Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Author: Malemba Mkongo, The Star (Kenya)
"SGR to blame for increased HIV prevalence in Taita Taveta, NACC says"...
Protesters against Bidco's alleged land grab in Uganda picket outside company's financiers' offices in London; Bidco comments
Author: Samuel Nabwiiso, East African Business Week (Uganda)
"Bidco fends off protestors over palm oil"...