Investment, trade, globalisation
Explore categories within this category
- Intl. investment agreements & policy
- Export regulations/Export credit agencies
- Import regulations
- Project financing/loans
- Socially-responsible investing & shareholder activism
Related stories and components
Author: Agencia de Información Laboral, AIL-ENS (Colombia)
“Las 10 razones del paro nacional del 21 de noviembre” – 8 de noviembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
Commentary: Proposed SEC rules to restrict proxy access would weaken corporate accountability structures
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
"Proposed SEC rules to restrict proxy access break faith with investors," 5 Nov 2019...
Author: Financial Times
Digital human rights are fast becoming the latest front in the debate around fund managers’ ethical investments efforts... Attention on technology groups began with concerns around data privacy, but emerging focal points are targeted advertising and...
Author: Julia Carrie Wong, The Guardian
"Google workers call on company to adopt aggressive climate plan", 4 November 2019...
NGOs urge EU to postpone consent to EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement over poor human rights commitments
Author: Various NGOs
"Joint NGO Letter on EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement", 4 Nov 2019...
According to report by Friends of the Earth US, Amazon Watch and Dutch research firm Profundo, BlackRock is the world’s largest investor in deforestation with holdings in six sectors - soy, beef, palm oil, rubber, timber and pulp/paper, all of which...
Author: Benjamin Robinson-Drawbridge, Radio New Zealand
"Controversial PNG mine reopens but locals unhappy", 30 October 2019. ...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Chinese-owned Ramu Nickel spills 200,000 litres of toxic slurry into the sea; co. commits to address compensation
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Ramu Nickel
Author: The Guardian
"New guidelines force pension funds to reveal shareholder voting records"...