Related stories and components
Author: Renaud Vivien, Le Vif (Belgique)
« CETA : le système d'arbitrage bloque toujours la transition sociale et écologique », 1ermai 2019 ...
- Related stories: Le Parlement européen adopte l'accord controversé de libre-échange entre l'Union européenne et le Canada - CETA
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Latest news on ISDS
- Related companies: Cargill
Author: Les Amis de la Terre International
« CETA : 30 organisations de la société civile demandent la fin de l'arbitrage entre investisseurs et Etats », 29 avril 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS
Commentary: Palm oil sustainability can be achieved by balancing economic livelihood & conservation interests
Author: Rizal Algamar
"Commentary: East Can Meet West on Palm Oil Controversy", 13 February 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Biofuels / Palm oil
Cambodia: Businesses & unions send a joint letter to EU Trade Commissioner to express their concerns of potential EBA's withdrawal
Author: Chanthol Prak, Reuters
"Cambodia businesses, unions ask EU not to impose trade sanctions", 21 January 2019...
- Related stories: EU to launch withdrawal process of trade preferences in Cambodia over rights concerns & warns Myanmar of potential similar action
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: American Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia
So. Africa: Poultry producers concerned by reports of alleged forced labor in Brazil's meat & poultry industry; say dumped chicken imports adversely impacting the industry
Author: Karla Mendes, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"South Africa poultry group calls for probe of forced labor in Brazil", 11 Dec 2017...
Report alleges that China continues to use forced prison labour to produce exports to the US, in violation of US law and trade agreements
A staff research report of the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission alleges that China maintains a network of prison labour facilities that use forced labour to produce goods intended for export – a violation of US-China trade agreements...