Socially-responsible investing & shareholder activism
Related stories and components
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (USA)
The new coalition representing $2 trillion will increase investor capacity to address human rights and business risks through targeted action, education and multi-stakeholder engagement... Convened by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility ...
- Related stories: Global Investor Alliance for Human Rights representing $2 trillion launched
- Related companies: APG
Nach Einschätzung der Umwelt- und Entwicklungsorganisation Germanwatch handelt es sich um eine stringente Kohleausstiegsstrategie und einen wichtigen und glaubwürdigen Beitrag zur Umsetzung des Pariser Klimaabkommens. "2015 hat die Politik mit dem...
- Related companies: Allianz
Liberia: New report calls on Swedish co's to address & remedy human rights impacts following their exit from bioenergy project; incl. co comments
Shortly after the exit of Swedish companies Vattenfall and Swedfund from a bioenergy venture in Liberia 2012, the project collapsed. According to Swedwatch and several other NGOs, the investors left without an exit strategy and without conducting...
Ahead of Monster Beverage Corporation's Annual General Meeting on June 7th, activists and shareholders are calling on the company to report on slavery and human trafficking in its supply chain.
Author: As You Sow
... The October 2016, Know the Chain, Food & Beverage Benchmark Findings Report scored Monster at zero (0), stating, “Monster Beverage Corporation places last on the benchmark, underperforming across all thematic areas relative to its peers.”......
- Related stories: Shareholder & activist pressure mounts on Monster Beverage to investigate slavery risks
- Related companies: Monster Beverage Corporation
So. Africa: NGO calls on Standard Bank shareholders to urge bank to stop funding coal power projects
Author: Centre for Environmental Rights (So. Africa)
"Why is Standard Bank still funding coal? Questions shareholders should ask at the bank's AGM ON 24 May 2018"...
Resolution calling for Shell to set tougher emission targets in line with Paris climate agreement rejected at co's shareholders meeting
Campaigners welcome Blackrock’s divestment from Nevsun following campaign over alleged use of forced labour in Eritrea; Nevsun denies use of forced labour
Freedom United and Eritrea Focus have launched a campaign to urge Nevsun's biggest shareholders to divest from the company due to alleged use of forced labour in its Eritrean mines. BlackRock Fund Managers have divested from Nevsun while M & G...
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!