Explore categories within this category
- Gig Economy
- Freedom of association
- Prison labour
- Export processing zones
- Forced labour & modern slavery
- Labour: General
- Living wage
- Child labour
Related stories and components
Philippines: Dept. of Labor releases list of labour-only contracting companies; food chain giant Jollibee tops list
Author: Gabriel Pabico Lalu, Philippine Daily Inquirer
"Jollibee tops DOLE list of labor-only contracting companies" 28 May 2018...
- Related companies: Brother Industries (Philippines) Inc. Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Franklin Baker Inc. General Tuna Corporation Jollibee KCC Property Holdings, Inc. Magnolia Inc. Nickel Asia Nidec Precision Philippines Corporation Peter Paul Phil. Corporation Philippine Airlines Philippine Long Distance Telephone Philsaga Mining Corporation Pilipinas Kyohritsu, Inc. Sumi Philippines Wiring Systems Corporation Sumitomo Group
Thailand: Forced labour likely to continue unless govt. & industry utilise technology & connect with workers' organisations
Author: Yon Sineat, The Phnom Penh Post
"Migrants 'need protection'", 14 May 2018...
Paper finds severe labour exploitation in Spanish & Italian agricultural supply chains; reflects on potential action co's can take
Author: Cecilia Barral Diego & Lisa Szeponik, Loening - Human Rights & Responsible Business
Germany is the main market destination for Spanish and Italian exportations in the processed food market, with a particular focus on the fruit and vegetable sector. In crop year 2016/2017, Germany bought from Spain almost 2.0 billion kilograms of...
Thailand: Children in construction industry suffer abuse, lack of healthcare & education; women are paid less, exposed to safety risks says UN
Author: Thomson Reuters Foundation, Bangkok Post
"Migrant construction workers' children exposed to violence: UN", 29 March 2018...
The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging 'shared responsibility' & institutional control models for achieving a socially responsible global supply chain?
Author: Thomas A. Hemphill & George O. White III
"The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging ‘Shared Responsibility’ & Institutional Control Models for Achieving a Socially Responsible Global Supply Chain?," 15 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Nike
Author: Almaden Minerals
8 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related stories: México: Comunidades denuncian a Almaden Minerals por despojo de tierras, amenazas y opacidad en sus operaciones; la empresa responde
- This is a response from the following companies: Almaden Minerals
Transnational supply chains breed human rights abuses especially among retail chains & supermarkets says ITUC report
"Supermarkets, transnational supply chains and labour rights' abuses", 27 November 2017...