International standards & introductory material on child labour: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Phnom Penh Post
"Ministry to probe child labour," 19 October 2018...
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé
China: Students allegedly forced by schools to make Apple watches in factories through compulsory internships; co. says it is investigating
Author: Sherrise Pham, CNN Business
"Apple investigates report that Chinese students were forced to make its watches", 29 October 2018...
Dem. Rep. of Congo: Enough Project releases new report documenting links between cobalt mining, corruption, and human rights abuses
Author: Enough Project
"New Report - Powering Down Corruption: Tackling Transparency and Human Rights Risks from Congo's Cobalt Mines to Global Supply Chains", 30 October 2018....
Author: Intellivoire (Côte d''Ivoire)
« Travail d’esclaves d’enfants Maliens en Côte d’Ivoire : Une Cour d’ appel aux États-Unis rétablit une action en justice contre Nestlé et Cargill », 25 Octobre 2018...
- Related stories: Résumé du procès Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland (Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- This is a response from the following companies: Cargill Nestlé
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Canada: Parliamentary report requests Govt. develop legislation that motivates business to eliminate child labour
In November and December 2017, the Subcommittee on International Human Rights of the House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development undertook a study on child labour in supply chains. The Subcommittee received...
Cambodia: Govt warns businesses not to employ minors following report of child labour in brick industry
Author: Mom Kunthear, Khmer Times
"Ministry addresses child labour", 15 October 2018...