Export processing zones
International standards on export processing zones: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Rock Ronald Rozario, The Union of Catholic Asians News (UCAN), Hongkong
"Bangladeshi tannery workers face health and safety crisis", 30 January 2019...
UK: CORE & Amnesty Int'l UK highlight shortcomings re export promotion & human rights in submission to UN Working Group
Author: CORE Coalition & Amnesty International UK
"CORE Coalition and Amnesty International UK joint submission to the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights: ensuring respect for human rights in the context of "economic diplomacy" and investment/trade promotion," 14 March 2018...
Myanmar: Oxfam report identifies possible environmental and social challenges of Kyauk Phyu SEZ with recommendations to support responsible investment
"RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT IN MYANMAR: Lessons from experiences of SEZ developments", Oxfam, 7 February 2017...
Author: Patty Mugubira, The EastAfrican (Kenya)
"Evictions loom to pave way for economic zone"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Union of Myanmar Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry commits to helping government’s Rakhine development
Author: Mizzima - News from Myanmar (Myanmar)
The Union of Myanmar Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI) announced October 21 that it was setting up Nine Private Sector Task Forces for taking part in the Myanmar government’s [Enterprise of Humanitarian Assistance, Resettlement...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing and urged to voice concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Better Work, ILO, IFC
As the conflict in Syria enters its sixth year, Jordan continues to shoulder a disproportionate refugee burden as it hosts 2.7 million refugees, making it the second largest refugee-hosting country per inhabitants in the world. Jordan has opened its...
Phil Bloomer discusses the importance of business allies for human rights defenders in interview with Raoul Wallenberg Institute
Author: Malin Oud, Raoul Wallenberg Institute (Sweden)
"Human Rights Defenders Depend on Allies They Can Gain in Business", 4 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Axfood Betagro Group H&M
Author: United Nations Development Programme, Regional Development & Protection Programme, World Food Programme, Int. Labor Organization
The goal of this report is to provide pragmatic, empirically grounded evidence to support efforts by these three key actors—host nations, the international donor community and the private sector—to achieve this ambitious political goal of creating 1...
Jordan: Better Work 2017 report finds forced labour, abuses of freedom of association & health & safety commonplace in garment factories
Author: Better Work Jordan
"Annual Report 2017: Better Work Jordan", 16 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Access to work in Jordan & Lebanon for Syrian refugees, migrant workers & host populations
- Related in-depth areas: Jordan garment sector: exploitation of migrant workers