Freedom of association
Related stories and components
Cambodia: ACLEDA Bank accuses three CSOs of defamation in its statement and urges govt to take action following CSOs' report on workers' inability to repay debt
"Cambodian Bank Demands ‘Action’ Against NGOs Who Say Workers Need Debt Relief", 02 July 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Report shows garment workers struggle to repay debts during factory suspensions caused by COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: ACLEDA Bank
Cambodia: Ministry of Labour issues a warning letter to CATU president and accuses her of violating law in protesting
Author: Khy Sovuthy, CamboJa
"Labor Ministry warns union leader for allegedly inciting workers", 03 July 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Rights group concerns over arrests & harassment of activists amid the Covid-19 pandemic measures
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Violet Apparel
Author: Agencia de Información Laboral – Escuela Nacional Sindical
“La Corte Suprema de Justicia revive el derecho de huelga. Análisis de la Sentencia SL 1680 de 2020” – 1 de julio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Author: Observatorio de conflictos mineros en el Perú
“Trabajadores de minera MARSA demandan condiciones de trabajo durante emergencia” -22 de junio de 2020-...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Minera Aurífera Retamas
"2020 Índice Global de los Derechos de la CSI", ...
India: Unions accuse factory producing for H&M of union busting after dismissal of 1,200 garment workers during COVID-19; Incl. comments by H&M
On 6 June 2020, Euro Clothing Company II (ECC-2) in Karnataka, India, abruptly laid off all of its 1,200 mostly women garment workers, citing a lack of orders during the COVID-19 pandemic. ECC-2 is owned by the Gokaldas company, which has over 20 other...
ITUC 2020 Global Rights Index: violations of workers’ rights at seven-year high and in danger of further deterioration in wake of Covid-19
Hard-won labour rights are coming under attack around the world. An increasing number of countries are restricting freedom of association, denying workers the right to unionise, strike and engage in collective bargaining....
Primark's Code of Conduct clearly states that all workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively - the current pandemic has not altered our commitment to this principle, or any others in our Code....
- Related stories: Myanmar: Garment workers allege factories are using COVID-19 to dismiss union members; Incl. company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Primark (part of Associated British Foods)