Related stories and components
Author: Annie Njanja, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Uber, Taxify drivers use fake apps to defraud riders" ...
- Related companies: Uber
Author: Olivia Zaleski, Bloomberg
"Amazon Raises Minimum Pay for Everyone—Except These Workers", 1 Nov 2018...
Author: Allan Olingo, The East African (Kenya)
"Hi, I am Leo, and I can help you: Banks going digital"...
UK: Co's likely to squeeze suppliers to cope with rising costs after Brexit, survey finds; raises concerns about vulnerable workers
Author: Michael Savage, The Observer (via The Guardian)
"Workers pay the price as big British companies squeeze their suppliers", 18 August 2018...
- Related stories: Brexit: Potential impacts on labour rights
- Related in-depth areas: Brexit's potential impacts on business & human rights
UK: Deliveroo's employment practices contradict GDPR regulations & undermine workers' rights, says union
Author: Aliya Ram, Financial Times
"Deliveroo’s substitute courier policy called into question", 6 August 2018...
- Related stories: General Data Protection Regulation: Issues of compliance and non-compliance
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
- Related companies: Airbnb Deliveroo Uber
A courier for food delivery firm Deliveroo has lost his case to be treated as a member of staff rather than as self-employed. Judges in Amsterdam said [...] that student Sytse Ferwerda should be considered to be self-employed because the agreement...
Author: The Times
"Deliveroo accused of breaking employment and safety law", 18 July 2018...
- Related companies: Deliveroo
Author: Emre Eren Korkmaz, OpenGlobalRights
"Without binding rules, AI guidelines are just wishful thinking", 27 June 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Author: Rael Ombuor, Voice of America
"Kenya's Digital Taxi Services Paralyzed, Strike Enters 4th Day"...