International standards & introductory material on labour rights: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Cambodia: Govt. supports UN's Future of Work Initiative and continues to comply with ILO conventions
Author: Sochan Ry, The Phnom Penh Post
"Labour minister: The Kingdom supports UN’s ‘Future of Work’", 12 April 2019...
Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments & Textile currently does not deliver concrete improvements for workers, say CCC & SOMO
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign & SOMO
"Sustainable Clothing and Textile Covenant is currently a paper tiger", 15 April...
- Related in-depth areas: Dutch Agreements on International Business Responsibility
While we are sympathetic to the situation of these workers, this factory was owned by a third party – not Jack Wolfskin. Furthermore, Blackstone no longer has any investment in Jack Wolfskin....
- Related stories: Indonesia: Labour groups call on Blackstone to pay garment workers $10.8 million still owed in severance & unpaid wages four years after factory closure
- This is a response from the following companies: Blackstone
Author: Juca Guimarães, Brasil de Fato (Brazil)
“Relatório encomendado por MPF aponta casos de assédios, erros nos créditos e discriminação por gênero”, 5 de abril de 2019...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Author: BBC News
The law sets minimum rights and demands increased transparency for those in "on-demand" jobs, such as at Uber or Deliveroo....
Author: Fast Retailing
We really appreciate you give us an opportunity to include our company perspective....
- This is a response from the following companies: Fast Retailing
Indonesia: Labour groups call on Blackstone to pay garment workers $10.8 million still owed in severance & unpaid wages four years after factory closure
Four years after the closure of Jaba Garmindo factory in Indonesia and in light of new reporting, the International Labor Rights Forum, AFL-CIO, United Students Against Sweatshops, and Global Labor Justice are calling on the Blackstone Group to pay...
Author: Ahdath 24
120 workers at Al-Junaidi dairy company, Jordan, Amman were arbitrarily dismissed by the company's management last Wednesday." according to the union. ...
- Related companies: Al Juneidi Group
Author: Hans Thoolen
"Two women human rights defenders in the Philippines honored with international awards", 16 Apr 2019...
Report looks at National Human Rights Institutions' work in facilitating access to remedy for business-related human rights abuses
Author: Danish Institute for Human Rights & German Institute for Human Rights
"Case studies and workshop report: Remedy in business and human rights cases", 12 April 2019...