Related stories and components
People incarcerated across US & Canada strike to demand humane living conditions & end to labour rights abuses
People incarcerated across the United States and Canada have declared a strike in response to the deaths of seven people during a riot in a maximum security prison in South Carolina in April 2018, and to demand improved living conditions, greater...
Author: Alexandra F. Levy, The Washington Post (USA)
"Who has most to gain from Trump’s immigration policies? Private prisons.", 29 June 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- Related companies: CoreCivic GEO Group
Author: Alexandra F. Levy, The Human Trafficking Legal Center
"Fact Sheet: Human Trafficking & Forced Labor in For-Profit Detention Facilities. Strategic Litigation in U.S. Federal Courts", 2018...
- Related stories: USA: GEO Group faces lawsuit over alleged use of forced labour at immigrant detention facility USA: Private prison co. CoreCivic to face lawsuits alleging use of forced labour of immigrants at detention centre
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) GEO Group
Commentary: "Voluntary Work Programs" at US immigrant detention centres run by private prison cos. amount to forced labour
Author: Victoria Law, In These Times (USA)
"Investigation: Corporations Are Profiting From Immigrant Detainees’ Labor. Some Say It’s Slavery.", 29 May 2018...
USA: Private prison co. CoreCivic to face lawsuits alleging use of forced labour of immigrants at detention centre
USA: Congressmen express support to private prison co. GEO Group in lawsuit over alleged use of forced labour
Author: Betsy Woodruff, The Daily Beast (USA)
"Republicans Say Forced Labor Is Good for Detained Immigrants in Letter Defending Private Prison", 15 March 2018...
European fashion giants H&M and C&A, as well as technology company 3M, are looking into a report in the Financial Times alleging that inmates of a Chinese prison made packaging used by the companies......