Access to information
Related stories and components
Singapore: Facebook publishes a ‘correction notice' to a dissident’s post as govt. invokes fake news law
"Facebook bows to Singapore's 'fake news' law with post 'correction'", 30 Nov 2019...
- Related companies: Facebook
Liberia: Community members not included in agreements leading to getting land for oil palm plantations
Author: Joaquin M. Sendolo, Daily Observer (Liberia)
‘Communities Remain Below the Ladder in W/A Oil Palm Industry’ 2 December 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Hong Kong: AI firm Megvii reportedly faces additional queries from HKEx on IPO application after blacklisted by US over alleged involvement in human rights violations
Author: Bloomberg (US)
“Chinese AI Giant Megvii Faces HKEX Queries on IPO Application”, 22 November 2019...
- Related stories: USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alibaba.com China Mobile Citigroup Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Lenovo Megvii
Uganda: NGOs claim public consultation on environmental & social impacts of oil industry not transparent
Author: Ronald Musoke, The Independent (Uganda)
"Civil society concerned over oil pipeline"...
The Danish Institute for Human Rights released a report which analyses gender issues that arise during extractive project implementation, and provides good practice guidance and case studies to conduct gender-responsive due diligence. This story also...