Access to water
International standards & introductory material on access to water: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
“Abogada pide a ONU intervenir ante mina Cerrejón en nombre de indígenas colombianos” - 18 de junio de 2020...
- Related stories: Colombia: Cerrejón Coal accused of Covid-19-related human rights abuses; NGOs and barrister submit claims to UN special procedures
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related companies: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore)
Bosnia & Herzegovina: Environmental activists continue protesting hydroelectric power plants, despite measures to weaken civic society organizing
Author: CIVICUS Monitor
'Decree prohibits the spread of fake news about Covid-19, raising concerns of media censorship', June 19, 2020...
Author: Repórter Brasil
“O fim da praia: megaporto e termoelétricas com sócio estrangeiro ameaçam ribeirinhos e quilombolas no ES”, 16 de Julho de 2020...
- Related companies: Van Oord
Threats to communities affected by development banks-funded projects exacerbated by COVID-19 outbreak
Author: Alexandre Andrade Sampaio, International Accountability Project
'The Responsibility of Development Banks: Assist Communities Affected by Bank Projects First', June 6, 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Inter-American Development Bank
Africa: Report says growing reliance on agribusinesses compromising food security & local farmers' resilience to climate change
Author: Bernadine Mutanu, The EastAfrican (Kenya)
"Agroecology: Better farming model for Africa"...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
South Asia: Business' impact on human rights in transboundary river systems needs addressing; five areas of action developed
Author: Jyotiraj Patra and Christina Hill, Eco-Business
"Rethinking business and human rights in transboundary river governance in South Asia", 15 June 2020...