Access to water
International standards & introductory material on access to water: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Mirra Banchón - Deutsche Welle
"Minería en Perú y la UE: El tajo abierto contaminará el mundo entero" - 19 de noviembre de 2019...
- Related stories: Peru: Peruvian civil society delegation denounces social impacts of mining in Brussels
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Hortense Lac, Inkyfada
"Autour du groupe chimique de gabes, une population sacrifiee", 12 Novembre 2019...
- Related companies: Groupe chimique Tunisien
315 civil society groups renew call for Equator Principles Financial Institutions to stop funding climate disaster & abuses of Indigenous rights
Author: Johan Frijns, BankTrack, on behalf of 315 civil society groups
“Letter to: Mr Beck, Chair of Steering Committee Equator Principles Association; All Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs)”, 13 November 2019...
Author: Alison Cagle, Earthjustice
Mining corporation Hudbay Minerals proposed to dig a mile-wide open-pit copper mine in the Santa Ritas, burying dozens of sites sacred to the Tribes under 1.8 billion tons of toxic waste... Represented by Earthjustice, the Tohono O’odham fought Hudbay...
Author: Esther Rose, All Africa
‘Only Responsible Investors Need Apply - Activists Urge Govt’ 5 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Author: Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC)
A new report released today by the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC) clearly demonstrates that people who protect the environment and human rights are increasingly being monitored, threatened, harassed – and even murdered. ...
- Related stories: Major new report on environmental defenders finds 52% of defenders were harassed by companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Author: Eliane Brum, El País (Brazil)
“Erro de projeto coloca estrutura de Belo Monte em risco”, 08 de novembro de 2019...
- Related stories: Brasil: Governo Bolsonaro e suas políticas que colocam em risco direitos humanos e a democracia
- Related companies: Consórcio Norte Energia