Related stories and components
Brazil: International Backlash over Amazon land reform bill, includes an open letter; Sweden’s AP7 pension fund, Sainsbury's and Marks & Spencer, were among more than 40 companies that signed
“British supermarkets threaten Brazil boycott over proposed forest law. British supermarkets have warned Brazil they might have to boycott its products if lawmakers there pass a contentious bill that could enable faster destruction of the Amazon...
- Related stories: Brasil: Medida Provisória de regularização fundiária estimula devastação da Amazônia
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Aldi Süd AP7 ASDA (part of Walmart) Burger King Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) Kerry Group Marks & Spencer Metro AG Migros Nando's Ocado Robeco Sainsbury's Storebrand Swedbank Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership)
BHRRC report on worker welfare practices of UAE construction firms highlights potential for labour exploitation on construction of Dubai campus, says University of Birmingham UCU
Author: Birmingham University and College Union
"Survey of UAE construction firms raises serious doubts over worker welfare at University of Birmingham Dubai", 22 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
- Related companies: Tecom
Author: International Middle East Media Centre
"Federal Judge Blocks Anti-BDS Law In Texas", 28 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
HRW: US Congress should reject legislation that would punish companies for ceasing business ties with illegal Israeli settlements
Author: Omar Shakir, Human Rights Watch
"Don’t Punish US Companies That Help End Abuses in the West Bank", 18 December 2018...
Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
On October 2, 2018, prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi, a once royal advisor turned critic, was murdered by Saudi agents in the consultate. Khashoggi's case prompted a...
Author: El Nacional (Venezuela)
“Consecomercio: Cargos por los que procesaron a trabajadores son absurdos” – 28 de septiembre de 2018...
- Related companies: Jefferson Smurfit (now Smurfit Kappa)
“Defensor del pueblo recibió a la ong "victimastoday"” – 16 de agosto de 2018...
- Related companies: Empresas Polar
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« [Décryptage] Boycott de Danone au Maroc : Cinq enseignements à tirer de la crise », 27 juillet 2018...
- Related companies: Danone
Author: Mary Hanbury, Business Insider UK
"'You are not welcome here': Pro-LGBTQ-rights consumers vow to boycott Chick-fil-A after it announces it's opening in Toronto", 27 July 2018...