Free, prior & informed consent
International standards & introductory material on Free, Prior & Informed Consent: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Forest Pgramme has lodged a Policy of Association (PfA) complaint against Roda Mas Group and requested that the group be disassociated from the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) due to violations of traditional and human rights in their forestry...
Author: Radio New Zealand
"Opposition to seabed mining from chiefs in Fiji's Macuata", 17 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
Author: Joaquin M. Sendolo, Daily Observer (Liberia)
‘Community Concerned Company Has No Environmental Plan for Goldmine’ 12 February 2020...
- Related companies: Universal Forestry
So. Africa: Civil Society call on the Minerals Act amendments to include more on rights of communities
Author: Sarah Smit, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Changes to mining Act need work’ 7 February 2020...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Court orders consultation with Xolobeni community prior to granting mining permission to Australian company
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
Australia: Indigenous people call on Siemens to suspend Adani contract over alleged breach of their FPIC rights; incl. company response
German company Siemens has come under fire for its involvement with a heavily criticised new Adani Carmichael coalmine in Australia. Siemens is contracted to provide signalling work on the project rail line. In December 2019, Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser...
Mexico: Ruling confirms that mining company Continuum Resources Mexico violated the rights of indigenous communities in Oaxaca
Author: Mexico News Daily
“Oaxaca indigenous community wins ruling against Canadian miner”, 12th February 2020...
- Related companies: Continuum Resources
- Related stories: Australia: Indigenous people call on Siemens to suspend Adani contract over alleged breach of their FPIC rights; incl. company response
- This is a response from the following companies: Siemens