Related stories and components
Author: Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies aux droits de l'homme
[PDF] Statement of Findings - Kenan Institute Working Group: CSR Initiatives & International Trade Agreements
Author: Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina
The group recognizes that the US government has begun to link trade agreements to voluntary CSR initiatives and that this approach should continue. Members identified three new ways in which this could be done...
Author: European Union
[NOTE: the link connects to letter from Government of Greece attaching the full text of "EU Reply to the OHCHR Questionnaire on Responsibilities of Transnational Corporations and Related Business Enterprises with Regard to Human Rights"]...the prime...
Author: Chris Osher, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
A bank that gives away T-shirts at Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games [MBNA] has stopped doing business with a Canadian company accused of running a Honduran sweatshop [Gildan Activewear]...[P]rotesters said Gildan decided to close its sewing factory...
company response: Gildan Activewear Inc. - Response to the Fair Labor Association and Worker Rights Consortium reports
Author: Gildan Activewear
[DOC] From Talk to Walk: The Emergence of Human Rights Responsibilities for Corporations at International Law
Author: David Kinley & Junko Tadaki, Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Monash University [Australia], in Virginia Journal of International Law
...there are abundant reasons why the legal regulation of [transnational corporations'] activities at all levels of impact is sought, ought to be sought, and is sometimes achieved. This article is concerned with developing the arguments for, and...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: adidas BHP Billiton BP Chevron Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Gap Levi Strauss Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)
[PDF] Following up the World Summit for Sustainable Development Commitments on Corporate Social Responsibility
Author: Fanny Calder & Dr. Malaika Culverwell, Royal Institute of International Affairs
[refers to Shell, Dupont, General Motors, Ford, Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Canon]
Author: Ana Elena Obando, Women's Human Rights net
- Related stories: Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Shell por actividades en Nigeria Responsabilité des entreprises et le rôle du mouvement des femmes Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Halliburton Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)