Related stories and components
Author: Ana Elena Obando, Women's Human Rights net
[refers to Unocal, Shell, Halliburton, Coca-Cola, Gildan Activewear, Procter & Gamble, Drummond]
[PDF] Summaries of Presentations Made at the UNRISD Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility and Development: Towards a New Agenda? 17 November 2003 - 18 November 2003 Salle XVI, Palais des Nations, Geneva
Author: United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
...we want to take stock of recent proposals to do with corporate accountability and to consider their feasibility both in political terms and as instruments for addressing the types of development concerns that surround the CSR agenda. [refers to...
- Related stories: Conference News - Corporate Social Responsibility and Development: Towards a New Agenda? Report of the UNRISD Conference 17-18 November 2003, Geneva Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Altria British American Tobacco Coca-Cola Cooperativa La Cruz Azul Holcim Holcim Apasco (part of Holcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) McDonald's Nestlé Nike Philip Morris USA (part of Altria)
Author: Laure Belot, Le Monde
[L]eurs fournisseurs...seront désormais notés de A à D sur neuf critères (travail des enfants, travail forcé, discrimination, liberté d'association, heures travaillées, salaires, conditions générales de travail, santé et sécurité). [Fait référence à...
- Related companies: Auchan Camif Carrefour Casino Conforama (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Cora Diamond Exports Fnac (part of PPR) Galeries Lafayette Intermarché Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Leclerc Monoprix Okaidi (part of ID Group) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Système-U
Author: Don MacDonald, The Gazette [Canada]
T-shirt maker Gildan Activewear will fly a planeload of institutional investors, bankers and stock analysts to get a first-hand look at factories in Honduras where the company has come in for criticism for its labour practices...The Solidarity Fund...
- Related companies: Gildan Activewear
Author: WRAP [Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production]
initiative of the American Apparel and Footwear Association that has developed the Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production Principles & WRAP Certification Program
- Related companies: American Apparel
- Related stories: How Responsible Is WRAP?
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
GAP has reacted quickly to the organisations filing the complaint, and a monitoring team has visited twice and has also held meetings with the Union and other Thai organisations...CCC is pleased that the Gap is investigating this case and it taking an...