International standards on privacy: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Andy, Fredzone
« La volonté de Google de percer le marché chinois fait polémique », 16 septembre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Google to respond to a letter from human rights organizations calling on Google to refrain from launching a censored search engine in China, saying it would violate freedom of expression and right to...
- Related stories: China: Human rights groups call on Google not to launch a censored search engine saying it would violate rights to expression & privacy; co. didn't respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet)
On Thursday 13 September, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled that some UK surveillance programs, including the bulk interception of communications, violated the human right to privacy. The complaint before the ECHR was brought by a...
Author: Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales, CELS
“Causa maldonado: intervenciones telefónicas e informe de la procuvin” – 11 de septiembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Benetton Compañía de Tierras del Sud Argentino (part of Benetton)
Commentary: Leveraging the best of human values & ability alongside AI promise greater progress in fairness & accountability
Author: Bernard Shen, OpenGlobalRights
"Mitigating unfair bias in artificial intelligence," 4 September 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Microsoft
BSR launches human rights-based blueprint for responsible business practice with regard to artificial intelligence
BSR has published three papers describing a human rights-based blueprint for responsible business practice with regard to AI within and beyond the technology sector. These papers explore the importance of a rights-based approach for governing and...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Reuters, NDTV
"German Antitrust Watchdog Plans Action On Facebook", 28 August 2018...
- Related companies: Facebook
Commentary: Use of facial recognition technology in schools will result in loss of privacy & discrimination
Author: Toni-Smith Thompson, New York Civil Liberties Union
"Here's what happens when we allow facial recognition technology in our schools," 15 August 2018...
Philippines: Facebook suspends & investigates 400 applications for possible breach of users' information
Author: Janvic Mateo, Philippine Star
"400 Facebook applications suspended", 24 August 2018...
- Related companies: Facebook