International standards on privacy: click here
Related stories and components
Commentary: Human rights have been peripheral in debate on impacts of artificial intelligence, despite significant added value
Author: Christiaan van Veen & Corinne Cath, Data & Society
"Artificial Intelligence: What’s Human Rights Got To Do With It?", 14 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: IBM Microsoft
Author: Georgia Today
"COE Publication On Children’s Rights In The Digital Environment", 4 July 2018...
Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights to focus mandate on safeguarding rights in the era of AI
Author: Dunja Mijatović, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe
"Safeguarding human rights in the era of artificial intelligence", 3 July 2018...
Facebook did not respond to Access Now's call for a global independent audit & human rights assessment
- Related stories: Access Now calls for global independent audit of Facebook data practices & human rights assessment
- This is a non response from the following companies: Facebook
Author: Council of Europe
Recommendation CM/Rec(2016)3 of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers to member States on Human Rights and Business was adopted in March 2016......
Majority of Internet infrastructure providers have not established adequate safeguards against human rights abuse, says new report
Author: Article 19
"Public interest, private infrastructure: barriers and drivers for adopting human rights standards in the Internet infrastructure industry," 5 June 2018...
Author: Alexandre Boero, Clubic
Une centaine de salariés du géant Microsoft se sont opposés à leur direction dans une lettre publiée sur le New York Times. Ils y font état de leur franc désaccord au sujet du contrat conclu avec le bureau fédéral Américain de l'immigration et des...
- Related stories: Etats-Unis : Des entreprises de la technologie dénoncent publiquement la politique d'immigration de Donald Trump
- Related companies: Microsoft
Author: Samir Goswami, OpenGlobalRights
While AI has tremendously improved our ability to process the world around us, and can be used to promote human rights, governments, multi-national corporations and others with the power to drive change don’t often realize this potential. That is,...