International standards on privacy: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Yuan Yang & Nian Liu, Financial Times
“Alibaba and Tencent refuse to hand loans data to Beijing”, 19 Sep 2019...
Author: NSO Group
NSO Group complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including laws regarding export approval for its technology. NSO has also recently shared a new governance framework that brings the company into alignment with the UN Guiding Principles on...
- Related stories: Access Now asks Novalpina Capital for transparency regarding NSO Group's export activities in the EU; NSO Group responds
- This is a response from the following companies: NSO Group
Indigenous Peoples call on ASEAN govts to ensure that corporations follow FPIC and recognise traditional rights
Author: IPHRD at ASEAN People's Forum 2019
"Indigenous People's Statement - ASEAN People's Forum 2019," 12 September 2019...
Novalpina Capital claims NSO Group received export licences from Bulgaria & Cyprus, but both states deny claims
Author: Access Now
"Is NSO Group’s infamous Pegasus spyware being traded through the EU?", 12 Sep 2019...
NSO group develops human rights policy, vowing to abide by UN Guiding Principles, but human rights watchdogs are sceptical
Author: Steven Scheer, Reuters
"Cyber firm NSO vows to tackle human rights misuse", 10 Sep 2019...
- Related stories: Novalpina Capital buys spyware co. NSO Group & commits to helping it become more transparent
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Facebook Novalpina Capital NSO Group Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Author: US Department of State
"Draft U.S. Government Guidance for the Export of Surveillance Technology", 4 September 2019...
Author: Natasha Singer and Kate Conger, New York Times
Google agreed... to pay a record $170 million fine and make changes to protect children's privacy on YouTube... The penalty and changes were part of a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission and New York's attorney general, which had accused...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Philippine Govt. probes tech co. selected to revamp database that records Filipino workers' contracts & welfare in Hongkong
Author: Raquel Carvalho, South China Morning Post
"Hong Kong social enterprise claims 'unfair treatment' in investigation launched by Philippine labour secretary", 6 September 2019 The Philippine government is investigating its officials in Hong Kong over the consulate's introduction of a new dat...
Author: Josh Horwitz, Reuters
“Chinese face-swapping app goes viral, sparks privacy concerns”, 2 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights