International standards on privacy: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Investor Alliance for Human Rights
"Human Rights Abuses in Tech Sector Threaten Portfolios, Say Investors", 15 January 2019...
- Related stories: Investors highlight risks for ICT companies that fail to protect digital rights
- Related companies: Facebook Google (part of Alphabet)
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Apple Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Unilever Walmart Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman has a strong human rights policy and we will be addressing the shareholder proposal directly.
- Related stories: USA: Investors file resolutions with companies at risk for human rights violations due to govt. contracts related to immigration
- This is a response from the following companies: Northrop Grumman
USA: Immigrants disproportionately subjected to surveillance, raising concerns regarding privacy & discrimination
Author: Sophie Haigney, Pacific Standard
"Not all surveillance is created equal," 7 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Vigilant Solutions
Author: DLA Piper TechLaw Podcast Series
"TechLaw Podcast: Managing risks & creating opportunities: Technology’s role in the human rights agenda", 8 Jan. 2019...
Author: The Intercepter (Brasil)
“Especialistas em inteligência artificial emitem alerta urgente contra reconhecimento facial”, 4 de janeiro de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Author: Cynthia M. Wong, Human Rights Watch
« Les enjeux moraux des médias sociaux - Il faut exiger un comportement plus responsable des entreprises de Silicon Valley », 21 décembre 2018...
- Related companies: Facebook
Author: Spencer S. Hsu, The Washington Post (USA)
"Greyhound tells riders of rights when Border Patrol comes on board", 22 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Amtrak Greyhound