International standards on protests: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Folha de São Paulo
“Bolsonaro Calls Members of So-Called Anti-Fascist Groups Marginals and Terrorists. President considers recreating Ministry of Public Security and insinuates that Rio de Janeiro governor will be arrested”, 04 June 2020...
Author: Davin Sen, Khmer Times
"Kandal protests staged over unpaid out-of-work allowances", 04 June 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Garment workers protest unpaid wages as COVID-19 disrupts supply chains
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: TY Fashion (Cambodia)
Myanmar: Chinese-backed firm granted copper and gold exploration license in region with many controversial mining projects
Author: The Irrawaddy
“Chinese-Backed Firm Granted Massive Copper and Gold Exploration Permit in Myanmar”, 3 June 2020...
Guatemala: Nickel mine allegedly continues to operate despite lockdown & court-ordered temporary suspension of license for lack of consultation
Author: Anna-Catherine Brigida, Mongabay
"Contentious Guatemala nickel mine 'ignores coronavirus lockdown'", 27 May 2020....
Cambodia: Around 100 construction workers protest to demand their unpaid wages from Chinese-owned construction company
Author: David Sen, Khmer Times
"Nearly 100 construction workers protest over unpaid wages", 02 June 2020...
Honduras: New book reveals details of life & murder of Berta Cáceres, renowned defender who protected land & water from DESA dam project
Author: Nina Lakhani, The Guardian
"Who killed Berta Cáceres? Behind the brutal murder of an environment crusader", 2 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: Honduras: Seven men given prison sentences in the case of the murder of Berta Cáceres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
International Corporate Accountability Roundtable issues statement in support of anti-racism protests in the United States
Author: International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR)
"ICAR Statement on Recent Anti-Racism Protests in the United States," 2 June 2020...
Over 300 civil society organisations sign statement condemning responses from the mining industry to the COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Center for Pan-African Affairs, Friends of the Earth International and 300 others
"Global Solidarity with Communities, Indigenous Peoples and Workers at Risk from Mining Pandemic Profiteers", 2 June 2020....
Author: Unión Sindical Obrera (España)
“Continuarán las movilizaciones tras el anuncio de cierre de Nissan” - 28 de mayo de 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro
- Related companies: Nissan
Armenia: Communities affected by Amulsar gold mine call on EBRD to withdraw from project alleging non-compliance with bank's environmental & social policy
Amulsar Project Affected Community Residents Applied to EBRD/IPAM Calling on EBRD To Withdraw from Amulsar Project, 19 May 2020...
- Related companies: Lydian International